UPDATE: The August 6 workshop has been postponed until October 2019. Stay tuned!
Join us for The Who, What, Where and Why of Having Children through Surrogacy to learn more about the surrogacy journey from Founder & Legal Director, Victoria T. Ferrara. The free workshop will be held at Westport Town Hall as part of the regional meeting for the Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
This exclusive, expert-led workshop presents a holistic approach to having children through surrogacy. We will discuss the pros and cons of surrogacy, including concerns, challenges, ethical/legal issues, and the psychosocial wellbeing of individuals, families, and communities as it relates to surrogacy.
Here's a sneak peek of what will be covered in The Who, What, Where and Why of Having Children through Surrogacy:
- Defining surrogacy; traditional versus gestational
- Discussion of frequently asked questions, including reasons why individuals turn to surrogacy
- Learning the process, requirements, and financial costs that parents and surrogates face
- Understanding the role of professionals assisting parents and surrogates
- Knowing the ethical issues and legal challenges that often arise
- Considering arguments in favor and in opposition to surrogacy